It takes teamwork to elevate Paradise Valley schools above the rest.
Public education funding only goes so far. Through partnerships and private donations, The Foundation for Public Education supplements public funds to help provide the highest quality education to the K-12 children in our district.
The Foundation has invested nearly $500,000 in programs benefiting the 34,000 students in Paradise Valley Unified School District.
SAVE THE DATES:
How Your Contributions Have Been Invested by TFPE Since 2006
Results of District directed programs that receive Foundation funds include:
- The center for research in science, technology, engineering and math, CREST, a specialty school, opened in 2010 – a first of its kind for a unified school district in Arizona.
- Nearly 24,000 students and teachers served through the John A. Kriekard Hands On Science Center, one of the best in the nation; resulting in higher science AIMS scores and the inspiration for CREST.
- Graduates have been awarded approximately $100 million in scholarships since the opening of the High School College and Career Centers serving nearly 10,000 students annually.
- ASU students are graduating from the on-site PVUSD Professional Development School (PDS); with three times the clinical experience, elevating student achievement.
- For the second year, Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) graduates head to college.
- Expansion of:
- K-12 International Baccalaureate Programs
- Accelerated Reader Programs
TFPE helped promote PVUSD by underwriting costs for a mailer sent to each address in the district. The brochure highlighted the many choices offered for individualized education in the Paradise Valley Unified School District, targeting students who do not attend PVUSD schools, but live within the district boundaries, as well as families with children currently attending PVUSD schools.
TFPE Issues Annual Report
November 2009 — The Foundation issues its second annual report. Find the report here.
TFPE & PVUSD Kick-off Alumni Association Project
September 2009 — TFPE has partnered with Harris Connect to create a PVUSD Alumni directory and social network. TFPE and Horizon, North Canyon, Paradise Valley, Pinnacle, and Shadow Mountain High Schools is connecting with the community's alumni in a big way.
TFPE Receives Guidestar Recognition
August 2009 — TFPE is awarded the Guidestar Exchange Seal for updating its reports to the fullest. Guidestar's mission is "to revolutionize philanthropy and nonprofit practice by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions, and encourages charitable giving."
TFPE in the News
July 2009 — The Foundation is featured in 7-15-09 NE Phoenix Republic. "PV District seeks private funds to get kids on college path."
John A. Kriekard Hands On Science Center
John A. Kriekard Hands On Science Center named in honor of retiring superintendent. The Center was established in 2008 with financial support from The Foundation.